Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am recieving a new fish finder for Christmas and thought it would be nice to go try it out at tempe town lake for an hour or two. Ive herd that there is some good yellow bass fishing here, and i was wondering if anyone could tell me where on the lake, and how deep these fish are. What would i use spoons, grubs?
Thank you.

·
Registered
997 Posts
If you want to spoon for yellows, try the main lake at Saguaro. They're everywhere between 35-50 feet. A kastmaster, CC spoon, crippled herring or just about anything else would work. Just drop it to the bottom and start jigging it. Enjoy that new graph. What kind did you get?

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Brent, I don't think you can put a boat on Tempe Town Lake. I could be wrong. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, i would be using my float tube. The fish finder is a cuda 168. I got it because it was cheap, and i could easaly put it on my float tube. All i did was put the monitor on a short pice of 2x4 that is straped to the tube. I hooked the transducer to a pvc pipe that hooks to the 2x4. It came with a small 12 volt batery that i will put in the back pcket of the float tube. If all else fails i will just throw the batery in the lake and watch the fish float up.

G

·
TTL

I've caught several yellows from shore just E of the RR tracks on the N side. They were all caught on small spoons or spinner jigs.

G

·
It's a no "Body" contact lake meaning you can't put any part of your body in it...Even if you have waders on. I have seen a lot of different bodies of water with this same restriction.

Dan

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
I think Rackman is correct. No feet or other body parts would be allowed in the water, so float tubes would be outlawed. A while back, Bass Pro Shops had some plastic boats for 1 or 2 persons that a trolling motor could be attached to. I think those would be allowed. 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts