AZBZ Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where the launch ramp for the lake is. also ive heard that if youre not a tempe resident that you have to pay to put youre boat on the lake. if thats true where do you pay? Thanks :D

·
Registered
393 Posts
On the North side near the west end there is a building. They sell a yearly permit for $5 to Tempe residents. I don't know the price for others. Your boat can not have a gas motor on it at all. Not even covered and out of the water. I have gone around with them on this a few times seeing that the rowing teams are coached by boats with gas motors. The "Small craft coordinator" helps make the rules and he is a coach himself. A little conflict of interested there I think. Tempe council wants the lake to be family oriented but apparently not towards family fishing.

Now see what you did, you got me all cranked up. :D

Oh and the launch ramp is on the north east side.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man what a bummer! My wife is about two weeks from her due date and wont let me fish saguaro anymore since she cant get ahold of me if she goes into labor. :cry: i thought i could get the fishing bug out of my system at ttl, but iguess not. Thanks for the info anyhow. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Pops, I thought as long as you had the motor out of the water you could use your boat with the TM. I saw a couple of guys put a 20 foot Ranger in there one day and they had their big motor covered. About 30mins. later a park ranger cruised by me and I thought, "here he goes to give them a ticket". Nope, he just slowed down long enough to ask if they had caught anything. Maybe those guys in the Ranger were Tempe city council folks or something! :roll:

G

·
0 Posts
Last Summer I called over there to the boat people @ TTL and they told me that they had a limited number of permits to sell that would allow you to put a bass boat w/ a gas motor on the water but you defiantly could not run the gas motor. He told me I would have to come down and have the boat inspected and then I would have to cover the motor w/ a garbage bag or something similar.....I believe he told me that they were only selling 30 temporary permits and would be making a decision as to whether they wanted to continue with the program or not.....Maybe they have decided against it....and even pulled the temporary permits they issued.....But I too thought Isaw a boat out there recently w/ It's big motor covered.... "Rack Man"

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
I have seen boats with the big motor taped up on the lake. It looks silly. You can do well here walking the shore as well. I wanted to go last night but nobody wanted to go with me! :cry:

·
Registered
393 Posts
They did try to allow bass boats on the lake with the rule you had to cover the engine and use only you trolling motor. In fact I bought one but it was cancelled before I even got ot use it.They offered my money back, but I didn't want to give up the permit just in case things change. I was told too many were breaking the rules by not using a cover or by not have the engine completly out of the water so they stopped the selling of permits and revoked the ones sold. All this was back in March 2003. If you have seen bass boats on TTL after May, I would like to know.

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
I do believe it was before may........I think im going to TTL sunday evening/night to throw some cranks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts