Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I spent some time calling different businesses trying to find a prop for my boat. Dennis at Seth Smith said he could not order props for Yamaha. He could only repair them. Ok, then I called Carl at Props Plus, He was busy taking care of a rental, He said may I take your number and I'll call you right back. Two hours later no call back. Great so I called Precision Props, The phone message said they only work from 6 till noon. That sounds like great business hours. So what is a person to do. I called Yamaha direct. They gave me all the information that I needed and told me to call Tempe Marine. I did, things went well and my questions were answered.
I recently got into a conversation with a friend about supporting our local shops because they can supply you with a wealth of information. Maybe that's true but only if they feel like working that day. I think I will do things my way and call the manufacture's direct. I feel safer with their answers than the dingalings I talk to today. Mitch

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
And who did the manufacturer tell you to call? Just some local guy with a wealth of information for you. Your friend sounds like he knew what he was talkin' about! :wink:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mike at Precision does have 'wierd' hours (I'd like to have 'em). But he does good work. You raise a good point, though. It seems that the people in the marine business want to help when it's convenient for THEM and NOT the you, the customer. You go in to their business, they're playing solitaire on a PC, and they claim they have a backlog. Hmmmm???? I'm glad I'm not mechanically inept, otherwise, it would kill me to have to wait for service!!! Not to mention the damage my wallet would incur.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
I've known mike at prec. prop for years, my shop was right next to him. he does some of the best work in the valley and is very reasonable. he does keep wierd hours due to there is no business in the winter time. this is his slowest time.

in the summer the guy works from 3am till sometimes 4-6pm.

Mike also cant stand up very long due to a pretty bad back problem. if you leave a msg he usually calls right back even though he is not at the shop.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

G

·
Used prop for Yamaha

I have a SS Ballistic 26P prop that needs a touch up, but is basically a strong prop for any 175-225. I just bought a new MAZCO off the internet and don't need this one anymore. Let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know about my friend. It seems we're fishing the same tournament this Saturday, so he hasn't talked to me in two weeks. That's ok, I'm sure I'll run into him on the lake and maybe if I throw a big roostertale on him, then he'll say hi or something. Talk to you later Buddy of mine. :twisted: :twisted:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.