Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a new pond tonite(1-210 am) with troy and Jon........1st cast for me and I had one. I knew it would be good! After 2 hours 10 minutes, the score was Jason-13(Most fish on spinnerbaits and buzzbaits, a few on a worm) Jon-about 6-7 (he wasnt really counting...his fish were on blades and a buzzbait too) and Troy with 5 or 6 (Same baits) and the heartstopper, a 11 or 12 lb cat that ate my favorite spinnerbait and destroyed it. Oh well, thats the price you pay. The funniest thing of the night was Troy casting in the darkness, all you heard was a loud snap, then you see a spinnerbait land in the middle of the pond, no line attatched. Haha! Was a great night for training on spinnerbait and buzzbait hooksets. Next time I will bring senkos and dropshot. Average fish was a feisty 2lbs, Jon had one that was easily a 3. One side of the pond had nothing but small guys...it was wierd. Cant blame the full moon or high temps next time I get blanked....it was 104 tonite!
Jason

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a ton of golf courses in Scottsdale! Round up some friends and go scout them out in the day time to plan wher eyoure going to park and how youre going to get to the pond, and then come back about 11 at night. Simple, yet effective. There is a huge one you can see from Scottsdale Rd..I think the crossstreet is Mc-something. Fished there a few times and its pretty good. Good catfishing too.
Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts