Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The day started out well but COLD at 0630, met Steve M. at the ramp and had a pleasant if slow day at Saguaro(I did catch a nice LM on my first cast with one of my new Luckycraft lures). got to see da and tempe pops and bassblaster. left the lake at about 1210 and was just getting on the freeway when a guy pulls up next to me pointing frantically at my boat. so I pull over and take a look, one of my trailer tires is not sitting quite right and smoke is coming out of the hub.now I am late and my wife needs to go to work and is NOT happy. I pull the tire off and the hub(bearing buddy was missing) and things start to fall out , things that I think were once bearings . so my wife drops the kids off with me On the on ramp and I wonder what the heck I am going to do. Called a friend who is mechanically inclined and he came out and 5 hours later I am finally home. Tempe pops and Sam Thanks for stopping to laugh and point(just kidding)I appreciate you stopping to help out. Steve it was nice fishing with you and I have not found thatthing for your shades but will keep looking

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Geez, if you're not throwing people from your boat, you're throwing bearings! :shock: :lol:

I'm glad all is well........... and no one lost a cell phone :wink:

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve was so well duct taped to the seat there was no way to throw him out plus he netted my coffee cup for me.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ouch!! Bummer but it makes me think we should check the bearings more often even though we grease them :?
I lost wheels prior to bearing buddies. Now I grease them so much I have to clean wheel wells every few months.
jeff

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It could have been worse, If that guy had not stopped me Who knows what would have happened on the freeway. LLoyds marine was very helpful and had everything I needed and it was only the 3rd place we tried!..I usually grease them every few weeks but when that bearing buddy came off I guess that grease just flowed out . the bearings looked like ..well not like bearings!Just have to do the brakes and I am good to go.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Geesh Jack, there's a pleasant picture there. :shock: :roll: Never laugh too hard at me! You've got way more adventures than I do! At least you got to fish first! 8)

Sorry to hear about the wheel, but like you said, it's a good thing you caught it when you did!

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok I am done laughing at you falling off the wall...At least until I picture it in my head again. :p

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
Jack, sorry to hear about your wheel bearing problem, but am glad to read that you have it all fixed. You did not leave your boat on the side of the road did you, while you looked for replacement bearings?

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes I am Rod and yes I did Howard, for about 2.5 hours. I had no choice but I took my poles and electronics with me. Plus the boat was wired to self destruct if any Del Mart reps climbed in. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts