Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The throttle cable on my Nitro broke back at the engine.

I went to Tracker and they say there are about 10 different ones it could be but the #'s on any of the cable that is visable are un-readable so I have to take the shift handle off any way to replace the cable. Hopefully there will be a readable # on the section of cable behind the shifter.

My problem is that after I removed the center push button for throttle only I can't figure out how to remove the handle. Has anyone ever taken a Quicksilver throttle handle apart before?

G

·
You didnt have to take the handle off,

All you needed to do was take out the 3 or 4 screws in the back of the control box.

Your numbers for you cable will be next to the motor(usually in white) they are about 1-2 foot from where it goes into your motor.

Replace both just dont replace one and also dont pull them out until you have the new ones in your poccesion.

Delw

G

·
don't forget to run a fish wire through to make it easier to feed the other new ones back in. Last ones i changed only took about 30 minutes to do.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS FOR THE INFO......FOUND THE SET SCREW FOR THE HANDLE AND AFTER THAT EVERYTHING CAME APART REAL EASY.....BOTH NEW CABLES SHOULD BE IN WED.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts