Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are alot of guys that fish tournaments and have alot of fun. They have a great attitude and are very positive role models for up and coming guys like myself. But then there is the Tourney Douche. You know who these guys are, there is always at least one in every group, club or tournament. Sometimes they don't even fish tournies, they just think they are so good they would clean house if they did.

These are merely observations, but if you get pissed at any of these "signs" then you are probably part of the problem and not the solution. Have fun with the read and flame on. BTW feel free to add your own to the list. I'm sure we can change the world one douche at a time.

Top Ten Signs You May Be Becoming a Tourny Douche.

10) You contact your friends and threaten to stop fishing with them because you fear what they ambiguously post in their reports online may jeapordize your chances at winning money. Only to take the same information you get from them after they get back from the lake and tell it to whoever you meet in the tackle store, dock, or on the water. As long as you tell who you want then it's OK. You can tell your touney partners but screw your friends.

9) You spend $400 - $600+ on Loomis rods, expensive lines and pricey high end reels, then borrow all your hooks, weights, lures and teminal tackle from your less than well off friends. You then later claim that you were the one who came up with that bait or technique and no one else can use it but you.

8) Your so impressed by your ninja fishing skills on golf course ponds you actually believe you are gonna catch hogs with the same rig on REAL water. The fish are the same right?

7) You turn your back on your friends to take stangers, you don't know well, out fishing your friends spots. But because these people win a few tournies, they are better than your friends so it's OK to share all.

6) You tell your friends that they are no longer good enough to fish with you because you are going to be a tournament fishermen and want to take your fishing "to the next level". So you no longer have time for them.

5) You only "Catch and Release" and bitch at everyone else who doesn't share the same "Fish Nazi" mentality. Worse yet, you never, have never nor ever will eat a fish.

4) You get pissed because everyone is fishing YOUR water. Public Water that everyone pays for and uses. You believe no one has ever fished those spots but you.

3) You tell your friends not to use a particular crankbait or lure because you used it first. But when your friend is on a bite with a new lure, you then go home and buy as many of them as you can.

2) You tell your friends not to fish at the same lake you BOTH fish because you are pre-fishing or fishing a tournament and you don't want your friends to spoil YOUR water.

And the number one sign you are becoming (or have become) a tourney douche.

1) YOU ASK DUDES WHO ARE FISHING A SPOT TO MOVE BECAUSE YOU ARE IN A TOURNAMENT AND YOU ARE FISHING FOR MONEY. (I saw Aaron Marten do it at a Bassmaster tourney, SUPER DOUCHE!)

It's OK if you are a tourney douche. I know it's so much easier to blame everyone else for the fact you are a donator than to take the responsibility nay the burden of fishing at such an advanced level and losing to the best of the best in AZ. It's everyone's fault your not winning money, everyone but yourself right? It's OK buttercup.

I am sure that I will see plenty of these guys as I enjoy my hobby and move through life. How to deal with them? Just avoid them, and if they are your friends, well, you just have to find something else you have in common and go with that. That or just write them off, and work harder on your fishing so you can teach them how to be a better donator.

Honorable mentions (douchey things that didn't make the top ten)
- Believeing so much in your own skill in reading a graph that you and your partner waste endless hours chasing tree branches.

-Thinking you are on THE SPOT when you have no sense of direction and swearing that "This is the spot where the hogs are". Thereby wasting more time and gas on a useless location.

- Placing the boat so you have the advantageous casting opportunities and cutting your backseater out. Not sharing the water

- Casting in front of your front seater or back seater.

- You set the hook on every tree limb, rock and boulder and then swearing it was a huge fish, then forcing your partner to keep the boat on the spot while you spend time to catch the big one that got away.

- Not fishing any lake that you don't know, not experimenting, not learning from others and not admitting you're wrong.

- Not accepting the fact that you are going to be a donator until you get the knowledge, skill or technique that can win tournies.

- Getting mad at your boater because you know the fish are a few more yards offshore and you want him to move. Or better yet demanding he/she move because the technique you want to fish requires deeper water.
There it is, go forth and spread the word. Just say NO to the Tourney Douche.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
That was pretty good dude. Only one I may disagree with is #1. I have never asked anyone to move because I am fishing a tournament but if I was fishing for 100+k I think I may nicely ask someone if they mind moving. If they told me to f*** myself I would understand but it doesnt hurt to ask...

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was pretty good dude. Only one I may disagree with is #1. I have never asked anyone to move because I am fishing a tournament but if I was fishing for 100+k I think I may nicely ask someone if they mind moving. If they told me to f*** myself I would understand but it doesnt hurt to ask...

If $100k is on the line, I might get a little douchey as well. Aaron gets a pass. I guess when it comes to Douche-ness, everyone has a price.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would cast over the top of them till they got pissed and left. Forrest trys that shit all the time . find your own water bitch

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
DUDE!!!! That is some funny sh!t right there.:Iconrotfl :Iconrotfl :Iconrotfl

Oh you are going to get blazed for this one, you called out half the AZBZ on this one, and they are going to get so butt hurt :mad: they will have to fire back at you : Jerk-it, or the douche bags won't blaze you because doing so will show their true douche baggery.

Anyways, just gotta say you nailed this one right on the head!!!

·
Registered
13,745 Posts
Damn thanks for throwing everyone under the bus: Jerk-it

What about during pre-fish you purposely drive past people you know are on fish and GPS thier spot...then you make sure your sound is set to high so they hear it...

This is even better....what if you are pre-fishing for Jack Az at San Carlos, your on some fish, you catch a few, leave the spot, then some old dude with a funny looking mustache comes up w/ a blade and commences to catch 20 pounds off the spot...the day before:hitsfan:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
680 Posts
How about another one for blaming your backseater for losing a fish by not having the net ready for a ninja capture even though the fish was twenty feet from the boat....and maybe a pound but somehow when it gets away its a 7 LB fish!

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
There are alot of guys that fish tournaments and have alot of fun. They have a great attitude and are very positive role models for up and coming guys like myself. But then there is the Tourney Douche. You know who these guys are, there is always at least one in every group, club or tournament. Sometimes they don't even fish tournies, they just think they are so good they would clean house if they did.

These are merely observations, but if you get pissed at any of these "signs" then you are probably part of the problem and not the solution. Have fun with the read and flame on. BTW feel free to add your own to the list. I'm sure we can change the world one douche at a time.

Top Ten Signs You May Be Becoming a Tourny Douche.

10) You contact your friends and threaten to stop fishing with them because you fear what they ambiguously post in their reports online may jeapordize your chances at winning money. Only to take the same information you get from them after they get back from the lake and tell it to whoever you meet in the tackle store, dock, or on the water. As long as you tell who you want then it's OK. You can tell your touney partners but screw your friends.

9) You spend $400 - $600+ on Loomis rods, expensive lines and pricey high end reels, then borrow all your hooks, weights, lures and teminal tackle from your less than well off friends. You then later claim that you were the one who came up with that bait or technique and no one else can use it but you.

8) Your so impressed by your ninja fishing skills on golf course ponds you actually believe you are gonna catch hogs with the same rig on REAL water. The fish are the same right?

7) You turn your back on your friends to take stangers, you don't know well, out fishing your friends spots. But because these people win a few tournies, they are better than your friends so it's OK to share all.

6) You tell your friends that they are no longer good enough to fish with you because you are going to be a tournament fishermen and want to take your fishing "to the next level". So you no longer have time for them.

5) You only "Catch and Release" and bitch at everyone else who doesn't share the same "Fish Nazi" mentality. Worse yet, you never, have never nor ever will eat a fish.

4) You get pissed because everyone is fishing YOUR water. Public Water that everyone pays for and uses. You believe no one has ever fished those spots but you.

3) You tell your friends not to use a particular crankbait or lure because you used it first. But when your friend is on a bite with a new lure, you then go home and buy as many of them as you can.

2) You tell your friends not to fish at the same lake you BOTH fish because you are pre-fishing or fishing a tournament and you don't want your friends to spoil YOUR water.

And the number one sign you are becoming (or have become) a tourney douche.

1) YOU ASK DUDES WHO ARE FISHING A SPOT TO MOVE BECAUSE YOU ARE IN A TOURNAMENT AND YOU ARE FISHING FOR MONEY. (I saw Aaron Marten do it at a Bassmaster tourney, SUPER DOUCHE!)

It's OK if you are a tourney douche. I know it's so much easier to blame everyone else for the fact you are a donator than to take the responsibility nay the burden of fishing at such an advanced level and losing to the best of the best in AZ. It's everyone's fault your not winning money, everyone but yourself right? It's OK buttercup.

I am sure that I will see plenty of these guys as I enjoy my hobby and move through life. How to deal with them? Just avoid them, and if they are your friends, well, you just have to find something else you have in common and go with that. That or just write them off, and work harder on your fishing so you can teach them how to be a better donator.

Honorable mentions (douchey things that didn't make the top ten)
- Believeing so much in your own skill in reading a graph that you and your partner waste endless hours chasing tree branches.

-Thinking you are on THE SPOT when you have no sense of direction and swearing that "This is the spot where the hogs are". Thereby wasting more time and gas on a useless location.

- Placing the boat so you have the advantageous casting opportunities and cutting your backseater out. Not sharing the water

- Casting in front of your front seater or back seater.

- You set the hook on every tree limb, rock and boulder and then swearing it was a huge fish, then forcing your partner to keep the boat on the spot while you spend time to catch the big one that got away.

- Not fishing any lake that you don't know, not experimenting, not learning from others and not admitting you're wrong.

- Not accepting the fact that you are going to be a donator until you get the knowledge, skill or technique that can win tournies.

- Getting mad at your boater because you know the fish are a few more yards offshore and you want him to move. Or better yet demanding he/she move because the technique you want to fish requires deeper water.
There it is, go forth and spread the word. Just say NO to the Tourney Douche.
LMAO thats some funny shit, I will have to read it in detail later, I have to dump some car batteries on a few spots before this weekends tournies so I will be back late :Iconrotfl

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
:Iconrotfl:IconrotflYou dumped every tournament angler on the zone under the bus. Good post.:Iconrotfl

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
"1) YOU ASK DUDES WHO ARE FISHING A SPOT TO MOVE BECAUSE YOU ARE IN A TOURNAMENT AND YOU ARE FISHING FOR MONEY."

If you are "that good", and you are fishing for money, and you have to make someone move from your ONE spot. Dude you better give up right now, because if you are banking your tournament victories on one spot, you are 1. Not that good, 2. Not that successful, and 3. Really a DOUCHE BAG

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
"1) YOU ASK DUDES WHO ARE FISHING A SPOT TO MOVE BECAUSE YOU ARE IN A TOURNAMENT AND YOU ARE FISHING FOR MONEY."

If you are "that good", and you are fishing for money, and you have to make someone move from your ONE spot. Dude you better give up right now, because if you are banking your tournament victories on one spot, you are 1. Not that good, 2. Not that successful, and 3. Really a DOUCHE BAG
Sometimes you find a small sweetspot and you know you can pull a couple fish off it and maybe a kicker. For some reason people always seem to anchor right on top of these spots at the worst possible time. It actually happened to us at Roosey last weekend. There was a little spot that we had caught atleast one over from everytime we were there. We went back saturday late morning and there was a bunch of drunk dipshits anchored there. I know they have the right to be there and no we didnt ask them to leave we just started pulling fish out from under their boats until one of them tried to climb aboard my boat and Sterling almost chopped her leg off with the trolling motor. :Iconrotfl

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
this is a tourny douche either that or its complete arrogance ;)

Our supporters make it possible for us to pursue our dream of tournament bass fishing! Our most important team members, they help with everything from financial support to dog sitting while we travel and everything in between. Information on how to become a supporter and get your picture on Team Carnahan's web page is listed to the right . Take a minute and see our supporters here!

Become a Supporter !
One way to become a supporter of Team Carnahan is to make a contribution and donate to Team Carnahan. Your support helps us to pursue our tournament bass fishing dream. You can use the below listed PayPal link. We want to include your photograph in "Our Supporters" and may do so if you email us and include the picture of your choice*(see conditions below at *) . We recommend you send us a picture of 300 X 300 pixels in size at 72 dpi. If this is computer nonsense to you just send us your favorite picture and we will resize it- just be aware that when we modify the picture it could change the appearance somewhat.

ALL DONATIONS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.

* Conditions of donations-

Donations to Team Carnahan are just that- donations without any requirements attached by you or promises by us. We are not selling you anything, offering a service or making any promises to you in exchange for your donation. If images you send to Team Carnahan are offensive or otherwise unacceptable to Team carnahan, we WILL NOT include them on our website and you WILL NOT get a refund of your donations. Decisions of Team carnahan are final in all donation matters.

ALL DONATIONS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 49 Posts