Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never seen so many posters fish Canyon at the same time as today. It may be a while until next time based on the bite! I fished with Rippinlips (thanks Jim) and we talked to Rackman, Jason, MultipleMigs, GetTheNet, Josh, Tad, and non-poster Jay Redding. Everyone wound up disappinted, I think. :evil: It started out very cold but was a beautiful day out. 8) Jim boated a LM (spoon), SM(sissy bait), yellow (spoon), and lost a 3 pounder at the boat (hopping a spoon shallow). I had one bite that resulted in a 2lb. SM (Joe Owens tailspinner). The bite sucked, it was freezing, but a great day, nevertheless. Nice to see all you guys!

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
I went ahead and farmed a 3-4lb smallie at the baot too! At least I got to see her.

Thats 3 big fish lost at the boat this year for me! :cry:

Good to meet you all!

·
Registered
118 Posts
It was a miserable bite for us (Josh and I). We blanked and didn't so much as have a chance to set a hook. It was great getting out and meeting new Zoners.

·
Registered
838 Posts
My son and I were out also. Never got a bite. Saw Lips and Bayou,,, Never saw anyone else. I guess I need to look at the boat page so i know who's driving what. I did talk to a guy at the ramp that cleaned up. Caught a ton of fish spooning in 30 feet. His buddy caught his first LM ever and was mounting it on his wall he said. It was a little over 5# The driver was keeping 2 Smallies that weighed in at 3# for mounting also..... Hmmmmmmm... No comment.. Oh well hitting Saguaro today to see what happens.

Tad

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Tadmo...we saw you fly by in the river a little after noon, maybe close to 1. Hard to miss the towels! :D

Were they(The fish keepers) in a red Nitro?

Jason

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
the red nitro guys were Taking pics of their fish while we were loading the boats up and putting the tie downs on. Must have just missed you at the ramp.

I dont keep fish, except cats. I can fry catfish like a champ!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hey Double A Ron, congrats on a great fish :D just a suggestion,I keep one of the throw away camaras on my boat for just such an occasion. The cheapest ones at Walgreens is only about 5 bucks and has a built in flash. I've never had a problem with them taking a darn good picture and if it was to get dropped in the water your only out 5 bucks :wink:

·
Registered
269 Posts
i keep a polaroid in my boat but we were in my partnners boat that day and he doesnt carry one. murphys law is right ive been throwing those things for two years and thats the first strike ive gotten on one. oh well maybe next time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts