Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting a new boat this spring, really like the tracker 185. I remember seeing all the negative posts on "Action Marine" in the past. I guess now it is "tracker marine" but with the same owner but some people said tracker boat was taking a more active roll in running the shop. Has anyone had any recent experiences with trakcer marine good or bad or is it just the same old action marine with a new name?? :?:
thanks

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
DON"T BUY FROM THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JOE C

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll post name later, but for now until I hear back from Randall I would suggest not buying from there. Follow up and service is non existant. If there is something wrong with your boat it will never get done right.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I bought my boat from Action 5 1/2 years ago and had a lot of problems. From everyone else I've talked to, they haven't changed. They're selling over 20 brands of boats and haven't increased the number of service bays. If you're really sold on that particular boat, check with Tracker first. Ask them if you can take your new boat to another certified dealer for service. Somebody reputable like Complete Marine. Make them aware of the reputation of Tracker Marine (formerly Action). Complete told me they'd honor the warrantee work on my motor there.
Go to this site and hit the tab "contact us".
http://www.trackerboats.com/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you do buy a tracker, take a look at the tournament V-18. We were loaned a V18 with a 125 Merc for a 2 day tournament last year and I was very impressed. We were still able to push close to 50MPH and had a dry,Smooth ride. It's a wider boat and has more storage. They can handle a 150 horse if it's in your price range. Richard

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dont buy one

I made the mistake of buying A Tracker 185 and buying it from Action Marine (now tracker marine) and both are very disapointing. The Tracker is arough riding boat if there is any chop on the water. Plan on getting wet if its windy. One thing you should know is Tracker builds their boats buy the hundreds and leaves them in a storage yard fully carpeted minus the engine. My initial carpet lasted three months before it started disintigrating. And when I wanted it fixed from Action It took four months for them to order the carpet. Then after calling over and over they finally fixed it. When I arrived to pick it up there was more glue on top of the carpet then there was on the bottom. If you would like to ride in a Tracker 185 before you piss your money away I would not mind letting you ride in mine. If you are intersted leave your email or phone #.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Dear guest, I've heard a lot of complaints about Tracker Marine. Fortunately for me I haven't had any problems. I purchased the Procraft 210 Super Pro last August. This particular unit was leftover from Action Marine. Its a 2001 model and has sat on the lot for 2 yrs prior to me buying it. Needless to say I got a great deal on it. It was still a brand new boat that has never been on the water till I bought it. All the warranties were there and are still being honored. It took a little time to replace the carpeting, the seats, some of the wood grain looking panels on the instrument panel and glove box and up front by the trolling motor panel. Plus a few bells and whistles that I wanted installed. All this was done at no extra cost to me. I don't know what these other guys are complaining about, but I do know that I haven't had any problems. The only thing I would suggest to you sir, is to stay away from buying an aluminum boat if possible. Try to get into a fiberglass boat. The longer it is, the wider it will be, which means a smoother ride. I don't care what anyone says about a Ranger, Champion,Skeeter,Procraft, Nitro etc. What depends on a smoother ride is the driver and the water. If the water is real lumpy, so is the ride. Even if you're in a Ranger or Triton. Wayne :D

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
For my 2 cents, very unprofessional and rude each of the 4 times I have been there to get something in the shop and the 1 time I tried to get my boat fixed from them, I got the run around for 4 months before I finally called Tracker to get the problem fixed not Tracker marine (store). Out of all the states I have worked with marine dealers by far Tracker Marine is the worst.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Nastybasser
I'm glad that you have not had problems with tracker marine. You are probably 1 of the lucky ones. I will not ever say anything good about the Randalls ( that means all of them ) or any store they own or work at. Most people kiss you first before they F-CK YOU!
My anger is not directed towards you in anyway.
Dear Guest do not buy a boat from tracker marine or any place the Randalls work or own. Theres three stores in mesa that I know of Tracker Marine, Arizona Boat Store & Arizona Boat center. There maybe more just ask who's running this joint.

Joe Chubbuck aka Joe C

·
Registered
204 Posts
Joe C. I guess maybe I could be one of the lucky ones. Don't know for sure. I'm sure glad that you're anger is not directed toward me. I might add that I didn't deal with one of the Randall's either. I dealt with Jon Andrews in sales and Mark ???? in the service dept. The only thing I didn't get that I wanted was a ladder mounted on back. That was only because of the design of the boat back there to where it couldn't be connected right because of the flotation design. I even called Procraft and they agreed also. :) Wayne Sobberi

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
FYI====Johnny Randall doesn't own the tracker store in Mesa, it's owned by Johnny Morris, Randall is only the Manager there. If you guys really have a beef with Randall I would highly suggest that you contact Johnny Morris direct at the tracker store. He might not be aware of these problems, if he was ,he might be able to take action and fix them. I've been reading the same complaints about the store for over two years, has anybody with problems at the mesa tracker store taken the time and call the head man at national headquarters. Just wondering.

2dogs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have one of their boats in my garage, and I won't take it to them for any work. Southwest boats does all my warranty work and it's done right and fast. Yes it looks funny a Nitro sitting on the Ranger lot, but it's work for them. This is just one of the reasons why they don't touch my boat: The steering helm broke after two months, they had the boat for three weeks to fix it. I picked up the boat, got home and looked under the dash, and they fixed the helm with plumber's strap. Ask Delw, he's my witness and he fixed it right.
Jamie

·
Registered
997 Posts
2Dogs, I took the time to call the Tracker headquarters in Springfield today. I can't go into detail now, but will post something when I find out what they'll do about my boat. I also filed a formal complaint against Tracker (Action) Marine, and told the person I talked to to check out this website, and that Tracker Marine in Mesa gets hammered every 2 to 3 months and why. I let him know they're losing a lot of business. The name change without the management change didn't solve the problems. The next step (if I don't hear back from the customer service rep) will be to contact Johnny Morris.
And talk about cheap.... Tracker headquarters doesn't even have a 1-800 number?? I had to call long distance... twice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I thought tracker had "smooth ride guarantee??"

To Guest who bought the 185. I saw in the brochure and on trackers web site that they have the "smooth ride guarantee" I guess that is all B.S.??? :?

thanks for the info between the bad report on the 185 and the tracker marine info,think I will be back to square one and look elsewhere for a boat. :shock:

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
J-B I still remember that perfectly, that was the scariest thing I ever saw.

Imagine going down the lake at 60MPH+ and the plumbers strap breaking off (lawsuit city)

and guys it was that the steering was held on the consol by plumbers strap .

The steering had broke in 3 places and they held all the piece's together with plumbers strap, then tied to the dash board with 2 wood screws .

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey Rippinlips, Do you have that phone number handy? I found an e-mail address and sent my complaint to them and got a go jump in the lake answer that I was not happy with. They (at Tracker) would not even meet me half way. I will not even slow down when I pass the booth at the boat show, even if they are giving them away!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts