Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my Eagle Fishmark 480 unit came in and I've got it all installed except for the transducer cable routing. This appears to be problematic.

I bought the bracket to attach it to my trolling motor. However, I have a Minn Kota Powerdrive unit. The Powerdrive, for those not familiar with it, has a shaft that slides down through a hole in the steer-drive housing when it is deployed. Therefore, I cannot attach the transducer cable to the motor shaft (externally) because then it cannot slide down through the hole.

So what I did was do a direct routing from the lower unit to the top of the shaft, and then routed it back down along the spiraling motor cable. This allows the motor to deploy. However, I now have a problem in that if I turn the motor more than about 60 degrees, the transducer line gets caught on the motor mount.

Any ideas??? If I take the motor apart, can I route the cable up through the shaft.? That would be ideal, but how hard is this to do? I'm pretty handy, but I'm not a motor mechanic.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
I dont have an answer for you but I am installing my 480 and it seems like my transducer is ticking? Are they suppose to tick? All I left to do is seal it in the hull(graph). I have a motorguide and there's a cavity for my trans wire to slide thru! Good Luck

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Thank you!

·
Registered
997 Posts
B-
I had a transducer on an Auto Pilot and it's basically the same thing as the Power Drive. You need to get a tie down strap for the motor. The collar will need to stay up top. Leave yourself plenty of slack with the cable in case you decide to accidentally turn the motor more than 360. Tempe Marine has straps. Go down there and ask for Ernie. He's the Minn Kota guru. He can help you out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rippinlips

Rippinlips -

Could you explain in a little more detail, please? :? What would the tie-down strap do? What/Where do I tie down? Where do I leave the slack? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nevermind - I got it

Nevermind - I think I figured out a way to do it.

It's in. Can't wait to try it out this weekend!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts