Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kinda figure this thing has gone bad but I figured I would ask and see if anyone has had a similar issue.

My graph (Lowrance X51) was constantly loosing the bottom and would read like 2' constantly then all of a sudden it would find the actual bottom. I had a new 522C and called Lowrance and they said the transducer was universal so I installed the 522. The same problem exists. I checked to make sure it was solidly epoxied to the hull and all the electrical connections seem good. The GPS works without any issues so I dont think its loosing power. Anyone ever have a transducer go bad or do I possibly have another issue. The X51 worked great for several years and this condition just popped up one day.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This might sound stupid, but next time you go to the lake put a couple cups of water down the drain hole in the floor 4 or 5 good size cups. What might be happening is that your transducer could be sitting over a small air pocket in the hull, not letting it recieve a good signal. If that doesn't work then try putting your graph on one of your buddies boats and see if it works

I put a whole new graph and got the same results. I will try the water trick and se if it works. But since it worked well in the past Im not sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts