Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been planning on taking Dustin my son to that lake, is the trip pretty safe? Can you guys let me know how long it takes to get there? Any advise or information would be appreciated.....Joe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hell with Novillo, as good as you say you are at Pleasant, take the kid there it's a whole lot closer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Joe: It's very safe. Heck, the Phoenix area is rowdier! Seriously, nothing to worry about since you'll be heading out to a rural setting once you leave Hermosillo (6hrs from PHX). Once you leave Hermosillo, you head east for 2 hrs. where you will go to the dam side (not damn side :lol: ).You'll have to go in through the dam since the lake is at approx. 10% of capacity right now. Word of caution: It gets a little dicey launching a big boat even here. I leave my 20' home and take up to a 18' max.

Bottomline: Yes, it's safe. Total travel time since it will be your first will be between 8-10 hrs. This depends on your stops for food. I can provide you with contacts and greater detail about the lake. Email me and I'll be glad to help! I'll be heading there soon and I'd be glad to take you.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Joe we are headed up in March, might see you down there? I will let you know all of our contact info to get you there with all the insurance/lodging/etc. you will need. We found a place here in the valley that can do the insurance on both Truck/boat and get your fishing licence all in one stop. If you need any more info please feel free to reach me here or at [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.