Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be buying a 70 pound thrust 24 volt motor in the next couple days. Has anyone had any experience with the motor guide wireless series? If so pros or cons? Also looking at the min kota power drive v2 with auto pilot. Any pros or cons to these.

Also when hooking up the batteries to a 24 volt set up what gauge wire should I go with to connect the batteries?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Use the same gusge wires as the terminal wires you have now. Should be reqular battery cable... Some use a smaller wire. Wont harm things at all just does not flow amps as well and may heat the wires up a bit in conrinous mode.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I have the Power Drive V2 and it's a pretty good setup. The biggest hurdle is getting used to the new input controls when you come from a traditional cable steer type of TM. Other than that I am real happy with it. The best part is while I am retying I can hand the controller to my backseater and he can run the TM from the back of the boat.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I have the Power Drive V2 and it's a pretty good setup. The biggest hurdle is getting used to the new input controls when you come from a traditional cable steer type of TM. Other than that I am real happy with it. The best part is while I am retying I can hand the controller to my backseater and he can run the TM from the back of the boat.
you wont let him walk to the front? DOUCHE!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Use the same gusge wires as the terminal wires you have now. Should be reqular battery cable... Some use a smaller wire. Wont harm things at all just does not flow amps as well and may heat the wires up a bit in conrinous mode.

what the hell is that???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts