Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what a weird afternoon on TTL...
got out there at about 4PM....using all of my new gear that I received for Christmas...got a few bites on a Kastmaster, and finally pulled one in (about as big as a sunfish) then my reel backlashed beyond belief...as I was fixing the birds nest, I saw a sailboat with two adults in it (a man and a woman) CAPSIZE! It happened right on the North End about 200 yds. away from the buoys...had to drop my rig and B-Line it towards the buoys, where I saw a 12 ft. boat with a 12 volt and shouted for help and called 911...those Fire and Rescue guys must not know their directions too well...they were combing the entire Southern Side of the lake, when they finally saw the upturned boat and rushed over to them...as if the wind didn't make it cold enough! Those people were FRRRRREEEEEZING! Needless to say, both were fine, minus a little embarrassment...they did have the good sense to drop off their kids before the wind took the sailboat South beyond their control....what a day!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Figures a boat would capsize the day I'm not there :? I've been waiting to see that each time I'm there since the people in their boats feel it neccesary to go right over my fishing spot :x

-Dave King

1 - 2 of 2 Posts