Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thought just occurred to me as I was dozing off last night - has anyone used tubes on a dropshot rig? Wonder how that would work with all the wavy tentacles.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
The thought just occurred to me as I was dozing off last night - has anyone used tubes on a dropshot rig? Wonder how that would work with all the wavy tentacles.
Give it a try and report back, who cares if anyone else has tried! What do you have to lose?!

·
Registered
623 Posts
You can d shot pretty much any plastic and do well, plus not everyone is doing it so it gives them something new to look at

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Give it a try and report back, who cares if anyone else has tried! What do you have to lose?!
OK, I'm going to Roosevelt this Mon - Thurs, I'll give it a shot. Let you know how it works.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
In used to do it all the time in Cali. i would take some alka-seltzer tabs and break them up into four or five pieces and stuff the tube with them. Sounds weird but the fish at Lake Perris loved that technique so much that I won two tourneys on that rig. My fourth biggest fish of my life came out of Perris on the seltzer tube DS. 11.6 pounds. not bad for the sissy rig...lol

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
yes i have, there are tubes specifically desingned to be drop-shotted, i d-s'ed a tube in a rootbeer color to imitate craws and did very well with them, but i forget what the tubes were called

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Yes and it works well close to the tullies. Also try a top water horny toad on drop shot

1 - 13 of 13 Posts