Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who is currently running a Lowrance X87 up front in his boat and is thinking about adding another one to the console. Does anyone know if these two would interfere with each other if they were run at the same time? Thanks. Josh

·
Registered
997 Posts
I wanted to put another Fishmark 320 on my Nitro, so I checked with the main man, Denny. He thought they would run interference, so I didn't buy the second one. I have a 320 on the bow of my new boat and a Lowrance 125 (480x480) on the dash. Walkerdawg and I were out on Saturday, so we tested having both graphs on at the same time. There was no interference when we dropped a spoon in 45 feet. Under different conditions or depths it could change.
Denny???

·
Registered
174 Posts
Josh, depending on what frequencies the graphs run on, they will interfere if they are the same. I have 2 X85's and which both run at 192khz and they interfere with each other. I can only turn on one at a time. Some graphs have a dual frequency option which should eliminate this problem, but I think that option costs a little more $. I am thinking about upgrading one of my graphs to the X135 which runs at 200khz, this would eliminate any interference with my setup. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey guys, the answer is simple...turn the console off. Why 2 graphs on at the same time? I know one thing, with today's high powered graphs, you will be hard pressed to find two that do not interfere with each other (if the troll motor running doesn't get ya first). Save yourself some trouble and just run ONE. I have a X-85 and a X-65 (dash). They interfere with each other if they are on at the same time. The trick is to make things smooooooth, not complicated. Get your partner up front with you if he must see a graph. Ummmmmmmmm...that's all folks.

Later...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.