Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange day on the water. I saw the sun come out one time. The cloudy skies and calm surface made it a weird challenge.

I threw a BigO and picked up good sized white bass.

I threw a Rico and picked up four largemouths (biggest-2.0) while the water was calm. Missed another because I pulled the trigger too fast. Most fish were in 5 feet of water and on the inside points and cuts.

When the wind picked up I tried splitshot,dropshot, and c-rig and got blanked! I threw spinners on the points nada. I tried spooning with a big fat nada too.

Most of the people I talked to today were struggling as well. The boats that were around me thought I was nuts throwing a Rico in January. Couldn't help it, the water temp was wrong (53.6), but the surface conditions were perfect.
I hope it warms up next weekend.

...Tightlines......

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep! I fish tournaments and I do a lousy job of it too! I know the weather conditions will be different next weekend. Hopefully, the fish will be heading to the beds. Then I'll crush them with worms and Senkos. Oops, did I let out another secret?
I was joy riding around the lake today, but I couldn't find anybody to stalk. What time did Everstart people get off the lake?
There were quite a few boats in Humbug today too. I don't even recognize that cove anymore because of the high water levels.

G

·
hey you are right, I almost forgot that the front coming in WILL definately put the fish on the beds! good luck you will probably bring a hefty sack to the weigh in!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.