Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be in the minority but I much rather prefer the old azbasspro webpage and posting methods. It seemed much simpler. Don't get me wrong, azbasspro is a great resource, I just liked the computer idiot version better.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Old vs. New

The things I like about the new site.

1. You don't have to click through each individual post to read a thread. The new one has all replies posted when you click once.

2. The threads aren't deleted every 2-3 weeks like the old page.

3. I like having a registered user name. That way no one can post under my name.

4. Much more organized and the most active posts come right to the top of the list.

5. The site doesn't/hasn't gone down every other day like the old.

The things I like about the old site.

1. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

I'm sorry, but you'd be crazy to wish the old site back. JMHO...

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Hey Dave,

You forgot to mention the formatting of the posts.

On the old site you couldn't have paragraphs, let alone have lists, quotes, bold text, italics, pictures, big text or small text, or even big RED text!

And don't forget those smilies! :lol:

All in all, even admitting I liked the simplicity of the old format, the posts on this board are much easier to read and to follow.

Give it some time serpico and you'll get used to it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Del and DA I absolutey hate this format. You never use red it angers people. Blue or pink would have been much better. Plus it is way too organized. LMFAO

Tomorrow I am heading up toSaguaro to paint ramp #2 . Could you imagine the confusion of you got real creative. Turn Arrows, "ONLY"s etc. Diagonal Lines.

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Even better on the white background>>Can't wait to use this on Skunked!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DA you could have at least put a hot chick in with a pink thong, or a doctored pic of Spidey in one, Oh wait lets not go there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dave,

If you liked absolutely nothing about the old site, you must have just started logging on to azbasspro since you wouldn't have participated on a website you liked nothing about!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Serpico, I was referring to the website format, not the people or content. So take it easy there bud! I've been reading and posting on this site since it first came up. Just glad to see it get a facelift!

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Actually, I agree with TK (sorry I'll never call you Serpico) in a number of areas. However, this site doesn't go down and allows profile and all. As far as the guts and how the engine runs so-to-speak on this site - I haven't a clue. The other site was easier to read in respect to the fact that you could see all posts and responses on a page - quicker to sift through. To say the old site had nothing good about it is overboard. I've talked to numerous people that feel that way but won't admit it on here. Remember I am not saying anything to slam this site but TK does have a shared opinion and a point.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
The new azbp does take a little getting used to, but It does stay up and I appreciate the efforts of those involved in fixing and maintaining the site. THANKS! :D ,.....AJ if you start painting turn lanes out there we will not be able to launch at all due to all the sunken trucks and trailers! lol

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
I defintely second that vote of thanks and appreciation. Without those efforts life would be different. :shock:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Hey quit bitchin the mission is fishin, either is fine.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Okay, I've gotta admit... I work on computers all day long and feel I'm fairly computer literate. I really like Azbasspro, its posters (that I've met) and its contents, and believe me when I say this, I'm thankful for everyone involved in keeping it going (thanks!), but I'm finding it pretty difficult to get around. This isn't a complaint at all. Honestly, I really liked the old format where we could get into it, see what we'd read already and then skip through everything to get to the next topic or reply. Now I have no clue what I've read before without going to page 2, 3 or 4 and then scrolling through it. Obviously, the last post is going to go to the top. As something else gets posted, it bumps the top one down and takes its place. So what'll happen is that within 2 days or so, topics from page 1 may go to page 2 and so on as other topics come up.

Basically what I'm saying is, this is NOT a complaint. That's just my opinion. If I feel fairly comfortable on a computer and can hardly navigate it, how will somebody get around that doesn't know computers well? I think we may lose a few people here.

Maybe someone could come up with a User's Manual (a "how to" for dummies) and make it a "sticky"??

Hey, now I get to be on top (for a minute)! :lol:

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
Hey Jim,

Once you log in, on the Forum Index page, there's a link that reads "View posts since last visit" click on that and you'll see every topic that has a new post since the last time you logged in and nothing more. It will include all the boards, (chat, reports, etc.). Just use the back button on the browser to get back to the list of new posts.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hear you loud and clear Dave H. By the way, I am taking it easy and my name isn't bud. I used to go by TK and now post as Serpico.

serpico

·
Registered
517 Posts
I personally like this new Forum....But the forum below is kinda the best of both worlds....A little more like the old azbasspro....all on one page......But with regristration capabilities and other goodies. I have been going to the NCBF page for along time and I have never seen it go down......and it is a high volume site to boot. Go check it out! Dan

http://forums.westernbass.com/cgi-bin/ncalifornia/forum/index.pl

1 - 20 of 24 Posts