Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the scoop on vanish flourocarbon? Is it worth spooling on a spincaster (Curado) or should it be on a spinning reel, or in the trash can? Thanks in advance!! :D

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
I guess a lot of folks use it as leader, but never really heard of anyone using it as their main line. Its supposed to be invisible!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Rookie Boy-----Vanish needs to be in the trash can, if you are looking for flouro carbon for the spinning reel get sun line, can be ordered out of bass world west in California. Sugoi has just come out with some 6/8 lb for drop shoting, haven't talked to anybody that has tried it, but there isn't too much bad that comes out of Yamamoto's. You may want to check that out.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
I must agree with 2dogs and Delw. Trash can! Just my opinion I do have a buddy that uses it exclusively. And he swears by it

·
Registered
355 Posts
vanish

i agree with delw, vanish psssst. p-line flourocarbon is easy to get but a little pricey. topshot it though (spool 50 yds of junk line (vanish) on then your p-line on top of that) and you'll get your money's worth. keep it tight!

·
Registered
548 Posts
The initial release of Vanish was nothing more than gargbage. It broke extremely easily. Unfortunately at that time I bought bulk spools of it, $52.00 each. However, since then, they redid the "formula", and the word is that the "new" Vanish is as good or better than any other Flourcarbon in the market. Unfortunately there is no way to tell by the packaging if it's the "old" kind or the "new" kind. Your best bet is to buy it from a place that readliy moves/rotates its stock, such as Bass Pro, or Cabelas, or even better, buy it direct from Berkely.

My favorite Flourocarbon is made by Seaguar. However, it is a little pricy. But low and behold, BASS Pro Shops XPS Flourocarbon is exactly the same line. Seaguar actually makes the product for them, but BASS Pro puts their lable on it. I know this because I was fortunate enough to fish with Kevin Van Dam this past spring and he gave me the run down on all the Flourocarbon lines and who actually makes which brands.

G

·
I've heard the same thing on the flourocarbons. A handful of manufacturers...many labels... I use Seagar for my leader material. It's pricey, but very stiff and abrasion resistant. As far as Vanish is concerned, I wouldn't trust it as dental floss. Night and day difference between it and P-line. If they've made inprovements, so be it...once burned, I won't even give it another chance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts