Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of today, the only confirmed boaters for the youth event are three college kids from ASU. I know the economy is tough, but if three college kids can manage enough funds to take the future of our sport fishing for the day, I think the rest of us need to take a hard look at what is truly important in life. I have quite a few zoners bringing their own kids fishing, which I admire and appreciate. However, we are going to be way short of boaters this year and will have to turn kids away if things do not change really fast this week. I am going to go back through some emails and see if I missed anyone (I think Landon said he will be back this year), but if you can come out saturday and help please let me know.

Also, if you are bringing a kid and think you might have room for one more kid on your boat, please let me know. I am trying really hard to make sure we are ready for the weekend as we have been swamped at work the last two weeks with shootings and a trial at super court.

I guess what I find odd are the guys that are going to come to the bass boat rally with boats but do not have it in their hearts to take a kid fishing for a few hours before the bass boat rally. I don't get that, but who am I to judge. To each their own.

This week will be another zoo so if you can confirm your availability by phone or email I would greatly appreciate it.

rich 602-690-0803 or [email protected]

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After a review of some previous posts and a few pms, this is what I have so far. If you plan on volunteering your time/boat and do not see your name here, let me know. Also, if you see your name here and plans have changed please let me know. thanks,

rich

Volunteer Boaters

1. Brent Perkins – ASU
2. Mitch Kistner – ASU
3. Craig Carroll – ASU
4. Dan W. – AZBZ 520-240-5005
5. PWE – AZBZ
6. Davis Hart – AZBZ
7. Landon Rankin – AZBZ
8. Paul Reger – AZBZ
9. Glen Harwell - AZBZ
10. Rich Pratt - Complete Marine/AZBZ

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Oct 4th which is saturday

·
Registered
191 Posts
Rich,

Please contact me as there are some folks from the Nitro team and Open Throttle that are interested in helping the kids with rides. I want to make sure you get in contact with them so they can volunteer.

Please let us know how many boats you need and I'm sure everyone will do what they can to help. I am not a tournament fisherman or guide (my livewells have never been used for fish and the pumps do not work) so I was hesistant to volunteer. I would imagine there are others that are hesitant to participate because they feel they don't give the kids the best chance to catch fish or many other good reasons. So it should not be held against them for wanting to attend the rally and being hesistant to volunteer for your tournament. But hopefully we can get good participation for both events.

Thx,
NoviceDave

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I am not a tournament fisherman or guide (my livewells have never been used for fish and the pumps do not work) so I was hesistant to volunteer. I would imagine there are others that are hesitant to participate because they feel they don't give the kids the best chance to catch fish or many other good reasons. So it should not be held against them for wanting to attend the rally and being hesistant to volunteer for your tournament.
NoviceDave

This event is primarily for kids who would not ordinarily have any opportunity to get a boat ride or fish a big lake like Pleasant. Getting them some fish is really secondary to their opportunity to just be out there.
It doesn't matter what your ride is, or what your experience level is, you will still be valuable in the success of this event if you can bring your boat out for a few hours.
Rich works really hard to pull this event off every year, but he can't do it without the support of the boaters.
Come on out and make a difference in a kid's life. You won't regret it.

Some of us will be there camping on Friday night if you want to join us. Otherwise, be there by first light on Saturday morning.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
count the wife and I in Rich. I was just waiting to see if you had enough boats. I did it a couple years ago and it was a blast !! come on guys/girls, this is for a great cause.

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
I guess what I find odd are the guys that are going to come to the bass boat rally with boats but do not have it in their hearts to take a kid fishing for a few hours before the bass boat rally. I don't get that, but who am I to judge. To each their own.
Rich,

Please contact me as there are some folks from the Nitro team and Open Throttle that are interested in helping the kids with rides. I want to make sure you get in contact with them so they can volunteer.

Please let us know how many boats you need and I'm sure everyone will do what they can to help. I am not a tournament fisherman or guide (my livewells have never been used for fish and the pumps do not work) so I was hesistant to volunteer. I would imagine there are others that are hesitant to participate because they feel they don't give the kids the best chance to catch fish or many other good reasons. So it should not be held against them for wanting to attend the rally and being hesistant to volunteer for your tournament. But hopefully we can get good participation for both events.

Thx,
NoviceDave

Rich that wasn't a very nice thing to say, heres one reason like dave mentioned

If I had a boat working I would be more than happy to go out and help out, the other problem is if I go out to it I would have to take my little ones cause it wouldnt be fair to them for me to take other kids and not them.

That being said I would be more than happy to take your gambler out along with my 2 kids and maybe 1-2 extra kids since I am going to be there anyway. float around the marina and let the kids catch fish.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Del:

I would not expect you to leave your kids on the bank. In fact that would piss me off:) Anthony and the gang need to fish.

As for the Gambler, my challenge is just getting it there. I have to tow all the tourney equipment to the lake for the event. If you really want to use the Gambler and fish the tourney, come get it.

Dave, i talk to members of both of the pro staffs you mentioned. However, as of right now I have one boater from each team coming.

I had quite a few people volunteer yesterday so I think we are getting close to covering our numbers.

Thanks to all who are supporting this year's event or have supported it in the past.

rich

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
rich i was wondering if my buddy and i can fish the tourney.with my pops in he boat

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts