Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought an older boat, my first boat and in pretty good shape. The boat came fully equipted. The graph it came with is a Hummingbird LCR 4 ID and works.

I would like to put a second graph at the front of the boat and move the Hummingbird back to the console.

Catch is I would like to spend only or up to 200.00. Is it possible to get a decent graph for what I want to spend and if so what would everybody recommend I get?

·
Registered
838 Posts
The Eagle Fishmark 320 or Fishmark 480 graphs are a great deal and really decent graphs. I've had the 320 model for about a year and have been really impressed with it. There are alot of people on this site that have this same model. I am sure you will get alot of responses on this subject and these models. Do a search for the 320 and 480 graphs from DA. He had a lot of good input on these models in the past. Good luck!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DA what is the difference between the 320 and the 480. Tadmo stated you were the man to talk to.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I bought the Fishmark 480 two weeks ago and mounted it up front. I love it. Maybe some don't think the resolution makes much difference but I definatly like it much better than the 320 for just a few dollars more. The 480 x 480 is easy on the eyes. When I was up at Sportsmans Wharehouse on Friday they had taken the 480 display down in order to try to sell more 320's I'd guess. Side by side there is no comparison and the 480 is outselling the other fast. Now they just put them out in boxes. At $209.00 it's a great deal.
Stay safe...

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
My question is, when you buy a graph, you DO have to buy the TM transducer seperate, right? Im going to need a graph for the front of mine as well.
Jason

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
NightRanger, Go with the Fishmark 320 and buy a couple or three Lucky Craft lures, or a good swim bait with the money you saved over the 480. To me, the difference in resolution between the two is cosmetic. I couldn't see any difference from 5 feet away.

JasonR: They come with a skimmer transducer which can be used on the TM. The transom bracket they come with will work on a TM. Or you can buy a special $7 TM bracket to mount the skimmer transducer on your TM.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
my bad, I have the transom transducer on my TM, da how would you mount that transducer on the TM without the special Bracket?

·
Registered
11,707 Posts
The metal strap from the hose clamp goes thru the slotted screw holes on the stainless steel transom mount. The transom mount then bends and conforms to the shape of the TM when you tighten the hose clamp.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Thanks Denny,I guess I never looked at the transom mount because I already had a TM bracket lying around.Well I am off to see AC&C to get some fresh P Line spooled up!

·
Premium Member
34,643 Posts
To mount the transom transducer on the trolling motor asll you need a a $0.99 cent hose clamp thread it through the metal bracket (that comes in the box for the transom mount)

In a way I like the transom mount transducer better than the puck one due to if you hit a rock while getting out a snag it will move. Then just lift your trolling motor and click it back.

the puck one you can actually scrape up and break.

Delw

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

G

·
Jason

You don't even have to spend the seven bucks for a bracket, just go to auto zone an buy one of those round things (forget what they are called) that screw in from the other end they fit right over the trolling motor, its a metal clamp, they come in many sizes.

2Dogs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts