Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The day started off great, cloud cover with very light breeze. Larry had the first crappie in the boat half hour starting. I was thinking YA its on.
Continued fishing that spot for another hour with nothing. Moved to couple more spots that usually have fish that hungry, but not today. Breeze started to pick up, We decide to go back to the first spot that Larry caught his fish. I hooked up after trolling some more, than my phone rings, its the albino sea lion. After he made his appearance the rest of the day, well we'll say the wind picked up (Had to run my trolling motor on #4 to move) We ended up with 2 crappie, 2 gills, 4 bass. Good company and a day on the water. See ya all next weekend.

......And I have no idea who won

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
confirmed he is a jinx!!!!!!!
glad you guys got a couple crappie, hell the wind here in the valley was bruteal all day, was great mowed the lawn and blew the clippings in the street now the neighbors have them LOL

I see lotsa luck did well with minnow somewhere on the lake

·
Registered
468 Posts
Thanks Fish Hawk for the great day on the lake! Beautiful morning with the weather better than expected early. Wind picked up later in the early afternoon.

Seemed as though we found the fish with getting bites & two in the boat. We had high expectations for a good day then it happened.......Bill's phone rings. It's the above described "Albino Sea Lion" calling for an update. What the hell happened after that call? Not only did the wind pickup but the bite stopped, for us anyway! Art was trolling just off to our left and as soon as Bill hung up from the "Albino Sea Lion", Art hooks up. Yep, it's a Crappie! It's all downhill from there. Spent the rest of the day trolling back and forth dumfounded as to what happened. That was my first experience with the curse of the "Albino Sea Lion".

Still a fun day on the water. Thanks again Bill for a great day and for being a great host. Thanks also to the AZCA for the opportunity to fish the tourney.

Larry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts