Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first set of arrows were the Gold Tip Hunter XT. I only have 5 left, and was going to order some more, but noticed the fletchings are shorter now.
I have shot arrows with the shorter fletchings, but it seems like the longer fletchings are more accurate.
What are you guys/gals shooting and how do you like them?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Easton Lightspeed 340 and 400 for target/3d bows and Easton Full metal jacket 340 for the hunting bow. Backup hunting bow I shoot Easton XX78 2317. Killed plenty with the XX78's.

The lightspeed's are pretty durable and I really like them, especially with the g-nock inserts.

If you buy FMJ's, make sure you get them from a pro shop that can properly install the HIT- insert. These arrows are bad-ass. I like the fact that they are heavy. Heavier arrows carry more energy for hunting=more pass throughs. Speed is fine but Kinetic energy kills!!

Shot some Easton Redline 460's for 3d and won't do it again, they grouped fine but seemed a little bit on the brittle side.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I'm shooting Radial X Weave STL Hunter 300's with Blazer vanes. I think they are more of an entry level arrow, but they shoot great for me. Prior to these I was shooting Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 7595's. Another entry level arrow. The STL's seem to group better for me.
My bow is a PSE X-force at 70lbs. It chronoed at 300fps flat. I'm shooting 100grn field points at the range and 3D, and 100grn Slick Tricks for hunting.

About kinetic energy, speed IS a component of the kinetic energy equation.
http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/GBSSCI/PHYS/Class/energy/u5l1c.html

Good luck!

·
Registered
671 Posts
My first set of arrows were the Gold Tip Hunter XT. I only have 5 left, and was going to order some more, but noticed the fletchings are shorter now.
I have shot arrows with the shorter fletchings, but it seems like the longer fletchings are more accurate.
What are you guys/gals shooting and how do you like them?

I shoot the "Gold Tip Pro Hunter 5575" with 4" feathers on them and 100gr tip. Never have had a problem, they shoot straight and pack a pretty good punch at 60+ yards.

If you like the arrow you have you can have them re-fletched with the 4" veins or you can buy just the shafts and have your local shop fletch them for you or just do it yourself.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Gold Tips. Spend the extra $$ and get the xt's. has 2" blazer vanes. If not those, Easton Full metal jackets. The kinetic energy on those are amazing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts