Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm...I cant get on to weather.com.....what effect, if any, do you think this weatehr is going to have on the fish? Im sure its going to raise the lake level a little and stain the water..what do you think?
:?:

G

·
I have found over the years that the fish find umbrellars and build a fire to keep warm... during winter months they tend to book the first flight down south. :wink:

Delw

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
I would guess that if the water becomes slightly stained (in an otherwise clear lake) that the bass would like it and become more active. I think it would be harder for the baitfish to see the bass coming after them.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I was wondering the same thing Jason. Im thinkin the smallmouth at Apache lake should still be up and active, they like this type of weather. Couldnt tell ya what the largemouth do, Im thinkin I'll have to agree with Delw on this one (goin south). But there really hasnt been a major cold front yet, just really wet, but no significant drop in temps. The next few days should tell a better story though. Good luck!

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Delw...I always thought the fish wore Gore-tex when it got wet :lol:

We will just have to see what the fish say when we get out there on Sunday. Ive been looking at this damn map of the lake for so long I think I can navigate the lake blindfolded.
Jason

G

·
Jason I would just fish like normal if that didnt work then(could of hours) I would change a tad. I like to bank fish and the fish are there pretty much no matter what happens , but except them being right on the shoreline they are just a tad away maybe 5 feet in a depth of 5-10 of water. still in casting range when pounding the banks.
My dropshot bite at my normal sunny places, just quites when it rains and gets cold, I usually have to find a spot with a little differnet structure(sometimes deeper and sometimes shallower) but in the same area.

The small mouth bite for me is always 10x better the worse the weather is.

Delw

·
Registered
815 Posts
I agree with lone ranger, i read someplace that bass use the muddy water to their advantage to catch shad. Also, the muddier the water, the faster it will warm during the day. That could be very important.

·
Registered
8,008 Posts
Jason - You can access other weather sites besides weather.com from this site's home page. Here is another one I find that's decent, too...www.wunderground.com Just click on the state of AZ on the national map.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts