Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking with this guy thats selling his dodge diesel and he said it needs a EGR valve but it still runs fine... whats is this and how much will it cost me to replace? thanks

Josh.R

·
Registered
13,745 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
EGR-Exhuast Gas Recirculation

Its an emissions component that redirects unburned fuel vapor to be re-fired. If it fails, it can cause driveability issues, but most of the time, a check engine light is your only clue that a problem exists. Can't guess at the price...they vary way too much.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I just went through this whole egr valve on my wifes saturn. We went to pass emisions everything was normal we go through and sure as $hit the check engine lite comes on and we fail. Went home pulled it off cleaned it drove it for the weekend went back and it failed again with no check engine lite on. Stoped at autozone on my way home bought a new one put it on and retested Pasted this morning with flying colors. I think its all BS but what can you do.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I know my 2004 F350 6.0 needs one, so Ford says. And when it acts up my truck can't get out of its own way. Really pisses me off. Ford wants about $570 to do the job.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I know my 2004 F350 6.0 needs one, so Ford says. And when it acts up my truck can't get out of its own way. Really pisses me off. Ford wants about $570 to do the job.
just some info you can buy an egr delete for that ford and still pass emisions. The EGR on that engine can burn up your motor seen it before you need mor info let me know i can do the job to save you from spendin money with ford

1 - 12 of 12 Posts