Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most companies that make their rods in America make a point of advertising the fact well. G Loomis does not make that claim anywhere I can see. I do know that Loomis is now owned by Shimano.... but where are the rods made?

np

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It doesn't matter because they are one of the best............along with St. Croix and Lamiglas

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wasington state I believe maybe oregon
I get lamiglass and loomis mixed up some times, ive used both blanks.

Delw

·
Registered
548 Posts
G. Loomis rods have always been the industry standard for quality. Many people complain about the high prices, but you will not find a better quality rod anywhere. In fact, the majority of rods that other manufacturers make, get their blanks from Loomis.

Keep in mind, that Gary Loomis, use to work for NASA and was the key developer for most of their graphite development for their space program including the Space shuttle. He knows his stuff! He has always been on the leading edge of the lightest, strongest, etc developments and implementations of graphite. You will not find a more knowledgeable person in the fishing rod indusrty.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Washington State. all their rods are US made, Lamiglass, Sage and Powell are also there.

·
Registered
281 Posts
they also have the cool bone fish logo. It rocks. :twisted:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts