Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:?: Anyone know the best chance I have for getting a control switch for a transom mount 35lbs thrust Minn Kota trolling motor here locally in the valley?? don't have high speed and switch is loose internally and hate to wait weeks to order one from back east. Thanks :eek:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Many of the switches are just generic, hermetic switches available at any electric/electronic supply store. There is no 'magic' to these. Da can probably attest to this. Only difference is that once you put a 'marine' label on it, it jacks the price up substantially. I have saved bucks by doing just this. Try Grainger.com or Newark Electronics.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
MultipleMigs is right. If you take the switch off and take it to Newark Electronics in Tempe they should be able to match it. Might not be the same brand switch but its electrical, mechanical and environmental properties would be the same as the original. I believe W.W. Grainger only sells to commercial customers so you'ld need a business account to buy from them. You might find the switch at this on-line site for TM parts:

http://www.trollingmotorparts.com/

·
Registered
79 Posts
Guest,
Let me know what model you have and I can check and see if we have one in stock (Tempe Marine is the Minn Kota service center).
Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts