Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am talking bands like Pennywise, Millencollin, Lagwagon, etc. I know to some peeps, that isnt real PR but oh well. I am asking b/c I need some new bands to look into, my cd collection is getting boring! Also, if you have never been to www.interpunk.com then you are missing out.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Dude, aren't you married now? might want to spend a little time with the little woman.you spend more time in here now than you did before you were married. (hehehehe)

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
That's not punk, that's pop! haha... Check out the 1990 and prior Suicidal Tendencies... Lights... Camera... Revolution! and The Art of Rebellion are really good, they're more punk/metal cds but the older stuff is just raw punk. Good stuff.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Dead Kennedy's, Mudhoney from the 80's...
Nirvana's Incesticide is more punk than grunge in my opinion.
Go back a little further to New York Dolls, The Ramones, and The Clash.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Social Distortion, Agent Orange, 7Seconds, Circle Jerks, Kirk and the Jerks (bitch to find).......Good lord I'm getting old!!

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
cindy lauper, flock of seagulls and black flag.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I like all kinds of punk...and what you are looking for would probably be more like the descendents, NOFX, bouncing Souls, guttermouth, vandals, rancid, Operation Ivy and more. Let me know if you want more ideas.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Suicidal Tendencieis, Bad Religion, Social Distortion, Fear. These are some of my favs but now it's all about the Hardcore.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I'm with you Jason. I grew up listening to Lagwagon, NOFX, Bad Religion, Descendants, Good Riddance, etc. I dug some of those older bands, and dug Minor Threat (even if we were drinking beer while listening to them!).

I still like some of that, but mainly listen to more indie rock stuff (THe Gaslight Anthem, Hot Water Music, The Draft, etc). I really like most genres of music, other than hip hop.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Yeah the Buzzcocks, The Circle Jerks, Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Old Scool Bad Religion, Minor Threat, DRI (Dirty Rotten Imbeciles), Anthrax, The Ramones, The MIsfits all kicked a$$ back in the day.

Hell even some old Metallica tunes were closer to punk than metal. It could have been from living with Anthrax in the day.

Some Newer Stuff by NOFX, Antiflag, Pennywise, The Vandals etc. Are all damn good as well. Some of the other "Punk" bands have become real poppy and bubblegum lately.

Great Old Local Punk if you can find it : The Generics (sp?)

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Yes to the Vandals..classic album Peace Through Vamdalisim..and Slippery When Ill was an excellent countrypunk crossover

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
DRI!! THRASH ZONE!!

Yeah the Buzzcocks, The Circle Jerks, Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Old Scool Bad Religion, Minor Threat, DRI (Dirty Rotten Imbeciles), Anthrax, The Ramones, The MIsfits all kicked a$$ back in the day.

Hell even some old Metallica tunes were closer to punk than metal. It could have been from living with Anthrax in the day.

Some Newer Stuff by NOFX, Antiflag, Pennywise, The Vandals etc. Are all damn good as well. Some of the other "Punk" bands have become real poppy and bubblegum lately.

Great Old Local Punk if you can find it : The Generics (sp?)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Dead Kennedy's, PIL, Sex Pistols, The Exploited, The Cramps, The Misfits, The Buzzcocks, Siouxsie & The Banshees, Black Flag, Circle Jerks, Agnostic Front, TSOL, Minor Threat, Cockney Rejects,

·
Captain McSh*tty
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
minor threat was my band all thru high school. good ideas guys. I got a little NOFX in the cd player now as I clean this fishing room.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts