Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this was my first summer fishing with a boat and will be my first winter fishing from a boat. I was wondering how is the fishing in az at local lakes (rosey,canyon,saguaro) Im looking forward to less lake lice and idiots on the water but hows the fishing typically?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Don't forget about Fall, the season between Summer and Winter. It's my favorite time of year for fishing. You can pretty much fish any reaction bait if they are up shallow.

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Also, I've seen a fall bite last from now till Christmas some years, other years it didn't last or pick up again past the second week of November. Depends on weather, when the lake turns over and a bunch of other mystery factors. Don't hesitate to keep trying reaction baits as long as water temps are 55 or higher and you have a stable weather pattern for 3 or more days.

When the true winter bite starts; think slow, think small, think finese. Doesn't hurt to have a Jigging spoon ready and tied on.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Buy yourself some structure spoons too in quarter-1oz. I preferr the cripple herring in blue/silver & green/silver. They will catch anything. I caught a 13lb. striper at plez. as well as a huge flathead in the fall. Be sure to change the hooks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts