Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to Wood's Canyon Lake this weekend with the kids. Does anyone know if you can camp on the back (north) side of the lake? It looks like there are roads heading up there, but I don't want to drive around just to find a "no roadside camping" sign.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I'm heading to Wood's Canyon Lake this weekend with the kids. Does anyone know if you can camp on the back (north) side of the lake? It looks like there are roads heading up there, but I don't want to drive around just to find a "no roadside camping" sign.

Thanks!
I don't believe you can camp in that area....

If you want a remote area to camp around there head down the road to Bear Canyon lake.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I don't believe you can camp in that area....

If you want a remote area to camp around there head down the road to Bear Canyon lake.
+1 on Bear Canyon - lots of disbursed cites and some are secluded.

·
Registered
109 Posts
We were at Bear Canyon last week and it was nice. I would take the 300 road to the 209. If you take the 209 back about a mile there are some nice camp areas. There is also a trail that goes to the middle of the lake and good fishing. Out of all the up there Bear Canyon is the best in my opinion.

·
Registered
405 Posts
+2 on Bear. Good camping. Out house. Good lake to fish. Good for kids. Take a stick, some string and some bait to catch crawdads. Kids will love it !

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tip guys! I'd read the AZ Game and Fish report and they ranked fishing quality as "fair" at bear canyon. I'm really hoping my daughter can catch her first fish this weekend. Any tips for this lake? I'm used to just using powerbait or salmon eggs and have never had success on spoons or lures. We'll be fishing from the shore.

Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts