Arizona Fishing Forums on AZBZ banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never seen one in the 4 years ive been here and today i found 3 in the garage. Damn i hate the looks of these things. I guess its time to go scorp hunting. Anyone know of a good place to get a black light flash light?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
dont ge ta floroescent (sp) one. get an led flashlight kind. i can stand at my back patio and light them up on my fence. they ar elike 50 bucks but they are great. got mine at bug world on gilbert and 60. where are you at in qc? im at recker and ray or my office at recker and baseline, if your ever in the area, you can try mine out if you want to see if you want to get one like it. i hunt them all the time. some times just a claw is sticking out of the bricks and with this light you see it great

·
Registered
969 Posts
RYCO is right on with the flashlight. I have one and you can see them from a long distance. I hunt them ususally 3 nights a week and I usually find 3-6 a night. When they are in the brick walls a plumblers propane torch will fry them in the wall works great.

I'm at Ellsworth and Queen Creek

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
RYCO is right on with the flashlight. I have one and you can see them from a long distance. I hunt them ususally 3 nights a week and I usually find 3-6 a night. When they are in the brick walls a plumblers propane torch will fry them in the wall works great.

amen brotha.... thats how i do it

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Saw one for 9$ at ace hardware the other day. Probably not the quality of those ones but I bet it works

·
Undergoing attitude adjustment
1,806 Posts
man i hate even looking at one of those i was at the lake and kick over a rock for the hell of it and there was one under it i about shit my pants when i saw it.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
The bug and weed store sells the good one.
The best spray I have found so far is called Cy-kick and you can only find it at the same store. $50 per bottle $40 light.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
I hooked my nucli-eye to a small 12v battery to look. It was nice because his light is so bright you could see them way before you were on top of them

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im over in Circle Cross Ranch, Gary/Rittenhouse & Skyline. I seen some at the gun show about a month ago but didnt see a price on them, they were like the ones you see cops use and they had led lights in them.

I would like to take you up on your offer if you dont mind, i work in mesa off of higly and southern and i could swing by and pick it up. I think just one night would do and i could return it the next day.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Do you have a problem with them getting in your house? That scares the crap out of me since i have a 1 year old.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Do you have a problem with them getting in your house? That scares the crap out of me since i have a 1 year old.
yes, i have found 3 in my house. you have to be careful cause they walk up walls and on ceilings. we had one, we assume it walked along the ceiling cause there is no other way it could have got in my bed. i rolled ontop of it and it stung me on the leg. it sucked. i found it the next day. ill try to find the picture. i have heard that if you put the legs of you kids bed in glass or smooth plastic cups it keeps them from walking up the legs of their beds.

check out post 15
http://www.azbasszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86303

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I dont think i can sleep knowing these things might be in the house, and now after reading that thread of yours.....ppppphhhhhh!

What kind do you think this is? Looks like a Hairy but the other 2 looked just like the one you smashed on the wall.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Yup that's the ones we got. The bark.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Bark's are pretty common around the valley, I've seen TONS of bark, and 1 or 2 desert hairy's. They all freak me out, they're the only thing that give me the "willies". A) I DON'T wanna get stung by one and B) one time I found one on the kitchen floor just poking out from under the cabinets, I grabbed the closest thing (pencil) and flung it out, then manuvered it into a glass I was checking it out then I had to kill it, so I stabbed it with the pencil and it started scraping it's stinger up the pencil. I felt the weirdest vibrations from that damn stinger, it freaked me out, those are HARD and SHARP. (I guess thats why it's a stinger). Then I dispatched to trash once i knew it was dead. Since that feeling tho, they've gotten to me a little.

FINALLY, a reason to think the "cats" are doing us some GOOD, (besides making my girl happy).

·
Registered
597 Posts
It's that time of year. Cooling off at night, and they will migrate into garages, houses, etc. We kill a couple per month here. My 5 year old has been stung 2 x. If you get stung, just watch it for a couple of hours. There are no allergic reactions to scorpion stings. It is the venom itself, so Benadryl won't help.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts